I have some predictions for the opening week of Star Wars: The Force Awakens…
– Absolutely glowing reviews, regardless of how good the movie turns out.
This will be due to an obsession with never rocking the boat, never being frank, by major media companies and a mixture of nostalgia on consumers part.
There will only be minor criticisms that will quickly be drowned out by the media storm over how much money The Force Awakens has raked in AND JUST HOW GOOD IT IS.
– The media will obsessively focus on the lines queuing to see the film.
– Disney will release some kind of teaser the day of the movies release. As in, they’ll plant more information in the media for the continuing plot… this will then be pieced together with the films ending by movie-goers.
– They’ll probably hit the $250 million in opening week receipts mark with everybody predicting over $1 billion in tickets + merchandise.
– Disney will double down. With the success ^ of the first Star Wars film, Disney will accelerate its plans for sequels / spinoffs.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens – What We’ll See by Jordan Wunderlich is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.