There are some animals on this earth who smell so much… and in such a way that their smell sticks to your camera long after you’ve left them… so every time you put your face up to the viewfinder you get the joy of smelling cow, or horse, or goat, etc.
I felt that I should make a list of these camera animal smells, from least offensive smelling to most offensive (personal preference)…
- Dogs and cats. They certainly have a smell but it’s rarely that pungent and doesn’t seem to “stick” to your camera.
- Horse and donkey smell gets annoying, but the smell isn’t exactly offensive (I know some of you love the smell). It will stick to your camera for a significant amount of time though.
- Alpaca is just odd smelling… if in fact you do smell them. It isn’t sticky and seems to fade quickly.
- Sheep and goats are both also odd smelling and their smell seems to stick to your camera for a significant amount of time.
- The absolute worst is cow. Their smell is incredibly sticky and pungent… to the point that the smell on your camera will quickly stink up your hands and then your clothing.
So… Cleaning tip…
If your camera is stinky and smells like one animal or another, all you’ve got to do is take a Zeiss brand lens wipe (doesn’t have to be the Zeiss ones but I’ve found other brands to be suspect) and wipe off your camera body. It’ll feel and smell like a brand new camera.